- Increase partnerships for providing children, families, and the community with strategies to prevent child abuse.
- Support, strengthen, and empower parents and caregivers to create a healthy and nurturing environment for children.
- Provide primary prevention awareness and activities for all parents because child abuse and neglect happens in all segments of our communities, including all income levels, geographic regions, ethnic and cultural backgrounds and those with special needs.
- Motivate and enable positive changes in individual behavior.
- Effectively involve the community in our issue for the long term.
Check out our
Hands & Words
Are Not For
Prevent Child Abuse Council (PCAC) is partnering with every school district in Calaveras County to end violence. Students are taking the pledge and talking about the choices they can make when they feel angry.
"I will not use my hands or my words for hurting myself or others."
You and your family are invited to join HANDS & HEARTS with hundreds of thousands of children and adults around the world who have taken the
"Purple Hands Pledge."
- Discuss with your family the choices that every member makes when they become angry or upset. Everyone gets angry. Everyone fights.
- Anger is a feeling. Abuse and violence is always a choice.
- Discuss what you will not do with your hands and words when you are angry.
- Promise not to call each other names, put each other down, hit, slap, kick, spit...
- Never touch anyone when you are angry.
- By taking the Purple Hands Pledge and tracing your hand means you are drawing the line to stop and think before hurting yourself or others.
The Pledge is designed to help people of all ages PAY ATTENTION to the things we say and do to ourselves and others that cause pain. It is also about paying attention to what others are saying and doing to us and asking for help if we are being hurt.